I happened upon a very interesting website today called PicLits.com.
According to the website, "PicLits.com is a creative writing site that matches beautiful images with carefully selected keywords in order to inspire
you. The object is to put the right words in the right place and the right order to capture the essence, story, and
meaning of the picture."
When you visit PicLits you are presented with a random picture. Below the picture is a long list of words organized into nouns, adjectives, adverbs, verbs, and universal. You drag and drop the words onto the picture to form unique, poetic sentences. When you are finished with your creation you can email it, blog it, or share it through your social networks.
You also have the option of "freestyle," which allows you to create your own words to drag to the picture.
I see this as a fun opportunity for students to show their creative writing skills. If a student doesn't like the picture they are presented with, they could always choose a different picture from the scrolling collection across the top of the page.
What a great way to inspire and encourage students to write!
Drop Down Nav Bar
- Blog Home
- Connect with Me!
- Workshops & Presentations
- Jump on the Virtual Tour Bus
- Mastering Google Classroom in an iPad World
- Expand Your Googlescope! (w/ even more great apps)
- HACK THE CLASSROOM! (Hands on w/ Add-ons)
- Revolutionize the Research Process w/ Google Apps
- Mastering the Classroom Workflow w/ Doctopus & Goobric
- Google Apps for the iPad: A Quick Fire Showcase!
- Redefining Learning in a Google Apps Classroom
- What Can Google Classroom Do For You?
- Google Tour Builder - Intro & Walkthrough
- Creating & Maintaining an Automated Online Help Desk w/ GAFE
- I Can Do What With Social Media?
- The GAFE Dojo
- Virtual Reality in Education
- Conferences & Events
- YouTube Playlists
- Google Posts
- Apple Posts
- #EdTechTidBits of the Week
- GAFE Resources