Digital Learning Day is about giving every child the opportunity to learn in a robust digital environment everyday, with the goal of success in college and a career. We urge you to make a difference with digital learning in America's schools and take the pledge to support the effective use of technology to improve education for all students.
In essence, Digital Learning Day is a day to celebrate and promote all of the great things that you do in your classroom with technology and the opportunities you provide your students to grow and learn! It's not necessarily about doing something extra that day, but instead to continue to make an effort to integrate technology in your curriculum and to give you students the chance to explore what technology can do for them.
What can educators do to support and participate in Digital Learning Day?
Take the pledge for you and your students!
Add your class or school event to the list!
What can you do in your classrooms?
Here are some ideas:
- Continue to allow your students to explore the Hour of Code!
- Take the #Make4DLDay Challenge!
- Plan a classroom activity!
- Check out the Teacher Toolkits and choose a subject!
- Challenge yourself to integrate one technology in your classroom for the day (and BEYOND)!
- Borrow a Mobile Computer Lab and work on a project, start a new one, or explore a website or program!
- Borrow a Mobile Tablet Lab and allow students to explore an app!
- Display your classroom computer or tablet and explore an activity as a class!
- Sign up your class for an online Student Debate! (Great for persuasive/argumentative writing!)
Have any other ideas or want to share what you're doing! Add it to the comments below!